AutoCAD® is computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
- Draft and edit 2D geometry.
- Annotate drawings with text, dimensions, leaders, and tables
- Customize with add-on apps and APIs
|2||2D Architectural design||AutoCAD 2D - Essentials||12||130 US$|
|3||2D Architectural design||AutoCAD 2D - Intermediate||12||130 US$|
|4||2D Architectural design||AutoCAD 2D - Advanced||12||130 US$|
|5||2D Architectural design||AutoCAD 2D - Production||12||150 US$|
Who should attend:
- Any user who has knowledge in drafting, architecture or civil engineering.
- Any user who wants to get started with AutoCAD 2D or AutoCAD LT.
- Any user that wishes to advanced to other AutoCAD based products such as AutoCAD MEP or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Essentials: Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, file navigation and a fundamental understanding of drafting concepts.
- Intermediate: User should know how to draw simple walls, doors, windows and primitive sections and elevations.
- Advanced: Inteemediate skills is a must before proceeding with this level.
The main topics covered in the course:
- Essentials course:
- A fundamental and working knowledge of how to navigate through the AutoCAD interface.
- An awareness of how commands work in AutoCAD products.
- The ability to draw and modify simple objects, and check drawings for information such as areas and distances.
- The knowledge to use existing drawings as well as start new drawings from scratch by using drawing templates.
- Knowledge of layers and AutoCAD blocks.
- The basics of AutoCAD annotation such as text, dimensions, leaders and hatching.
- The understanding of drawing units along with accurate and quick drawing skills.
- The fundamentals of AutoCAD plotting, model space and paper space concept.
- Intermediate course:
- Advanced Text Objects.
- Working with Tables.
- Defining dynamic blocks and attributes.
- Outputting and publishing files for review.
- Collaboration and automation tools.
- Creating, publishing, and customizing sheet sets.
- Managing Layers.
- CAD Management and System Setup.
- Enhancing productivity by customizing the AutoCAD interface.
- Advanced course:
- dynamic blocks
- Modify objects: Modify Hatches, Polylines, Splines, Array, Multileader, Multiline, Attributes.
- Action Recorder.
- Load Application.
- Materials, Lights & Rendering.
- Customize Interface, Toolbars, Tool Palettes.
Some of the course content:
During the course Autocad 2D we will concentrate on the following commands:
- Drawing: Create lines, plines, circles, stretch, blocks, write blocks, xrefs, trim, extend, plans, sections, walls, windows, doors, layouts…
- Text settings: Create single or multiline text (mtext) as a single text object. Format the text, columns, and boundaries.
- Tables: Create tables with data and symbols in rows and columns, apply formulas, and link to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
- Fields: Use fields in text objects to display text that can be updated automatically as the field value changes.
- Arrays: Create and modify objects in circular or rectangular patterns, or along a path.
- Dimensions: Create dimensions automatically. Pass the cursor over selected objects to get a preview before you create it.
- Revision clouds: Draw revision clouds around new changes in a drawing to quickly identify your updates.
- Data linking: Enable simultaneous updates by creating a live link between a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and a table in your drawing.
- Leaders: Create leaders with a variety of content, including text or blocks. Easily format leader lines, and define styles.
- Views: Save views by name to easily return to a specific view for quick reference or for applying to layout viewports.
- Data extraction: Extract information from objects, blocks, and attributes, including drawing information.
- Express tools: Extend the power of AutoCAD with a collection of productivity tools.
- Centerlines and center marks: Create and edit centerlines and center marks that automatically move when you move the associated objects.
- Layouts: Specify the size of your drawing sheet, add a title block, and display multiple views of your model.
Direct links to Autodesk:
- Overview: CAD software to design anything—now with time-saving specialized toolsets, web and mobile apps
- Learn: Master the basics and learn how to take full advantage of software features.
- Trouble shooting: Troubleshooting Content.
- Forums: Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD topics.