- Autodesk Revit® is building information modelling software for architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, designers and contractors. The software allows users to design a building and structure and its components in 3D, annotate the model with 2D drafting elements, and access building information from the building model’s database. Revit is 4D BIM capable with tools to plan and track various stages in the building’s lifecycle, from concept to construction and later maintenance and/or demolition.
|36||Building Design - Architecture||Revit Architecture - Essentials||20||250 US$|
|37||Building Design - Architecture||Revit Architecture - Intermediate||20||250 US$|
|38||Building Design - Architecture||Revit Architecture - Advanced||20||250 US$|
|39||Building Design - Architecture||Revit Architecture - Production||20||300 US$|
Who should attend:
- This course is designed for individuals who have experience and knowledge in Architecture and Structural Engineering.
- Essentials: A Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, file navigation and an understanding of Architectural terminology is an asset fundamental understanding of drafting concepts, having also AutoCAD 2D essential skills would be better.
- Intermediate: Revit Architecture Essentials course or equivalent in experience in working on Autodesk Revit.
Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, ie. creating standard elements, copying and moving elements, and creating and working with views, creating walls, roofs, and other objects.
- Advanced: Revit Architecture Essentials & Intermediate skills should be covered before proceeding with this course.
The main topics covered in the course:
- Essentials course
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the
Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Creating component-based and custom stairs.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Creating details.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Intermediate course
- Creating Rooms and Area Plans.
- Site and Topography.
- Advanced Wall Topics.
- Creating parametric design buildings and towers with Conceptual Mass.
- Creating Families.
- Designing Organic Stairs.
- Designing Doors.
- Designing Windows.
- Designing Light fixture.
- Advanced course
- Rendering and Presentation.
- Importing and Coordinating Revit Models, Import / Export.
- Phasing and Design Options.
- Project Collaboration.
- BIM Management.
Direct links to Autodesk:
- Overview: Multidisciplinary BIM software for higher quality, coordinated designs.
- What’s new: New and enhanced Revit® building design software features support consistent, coordinated, and complete modeling for multidiscipline design that extends to detailing and construction.
- Learn: Master the basics and learn how to take full advantage of software features
- Forums: Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, collaborate on ideas, and explore popular Revit topics.